The Rehab Center offers infant massage classes taught by Certified Infant Massage Instructor, Lou Favorite, PTA.
About Infant Massage
Infant Massage is becoming a regular practice for new parents because of the positive effects the method has on the infant’s well-being. Practicing “loving touch” early in your child’s life is also shown to improve the quality of parenting and encourages bonding between you and your infant.
Benefits of Infant Massage
- Decreases irritability and excessive crying
- Reduces gas, colic and intestinal issues
- Strengthens and regulates primary organ systems
- Increases parent’s confidence and handling skills
- Teaches parents to read their infant’s cues
- Creates intimate communication channel
- Enhances bonding and attachment
- Promotes social, emotional and cognitive development
- Helps baby relax and parents unwind
What: The Rehab Center is offering infant massage classes for families with babies from 0 to 12 months. The class provides simple step-by-step massage instructions and is customized when needed.
Who: Infant Massage classes are for mothers, fathers, grandparents and primary caregivers. Classes will hold 10 families per month to provide individualized instructions to meet the needs of each family.
When: Classes are offered on Thursdays from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. First classes start at the beginning of each month with each full session lasting four weeks.
How: Do not miss this opportunity to promote healthy development and build a lasting bond with your infant. Register for our upcoming classes by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 940.322.0771. Cost is $68 per child for all four classes (includes a blanket and massage oil).