Everyone has a vision of his or her ideal life.
Is stress at work, or lack of sleep making your days long and unproductive?
What is a “Wellness Coach?”
Just like athletes use coaches to achieve greatness in sports, you can use a wellness coach to help you find success and satisfaction in your job or lifestyle.
A wellness coach can help you to make the changes needed in order for you to be who you dream of being.
But, unlike in sports, instead of correcting your bad golf swing, a wellness coach will help you:
- Take stock of your life, your health, your wellness
- Acknowledge your strengths
- Identify your challenges
- Learn how to live a life that is as healthy and well as possible
Why would I need help?
There are many reasons you might consider looking for a Wellness Coach:
- “I’d like more time with my family, but I have to work long hours.”
- “My doctor told me I needed to get my high blood pressure under control.”
- “I’m not getting as much out of my job as I used to. I’d like to try something different.”
- “I know I need to be healthier, but I just don’t know where to start.”
- “I’ve been sleeping terribly. I’m tired all day.”
- “My husband is being transferred and we have to move. I’m leaving all my friends behind.”
- “I’ve hit a wall in my training. I’ve tried everything I can think of, but nothing seems to change.”
How do I work with a coach?
First, you’ll sit down and visit with your wellness coach over the phone or in person. During that time you’ll discuss what you want to accomplish. Our coaches will get to know you, find out what motivates you, then help you find a way to succeed.
Is Wellness Coaching affordable?
The Wellness Center coaching sessions are very reasonable at $60 per session. Sessions run half an hour to an hour long. Wellness coaching is not normally covered by insurance.
What should I look for in a Wellness Coach?
- Make sure the two of you are a good match. You should be comfortable sharing your life’s vision with him or her.
- Choose a coach who makes you feel the most energized and confident. You should be inspired after a coaching session, as well as motivated about your ability to make needed changes in your life.
- ALWAYS choose a coach who is credentialed by a respected licensing body. The Wellness Coaches at North Texas Rehab Center have earned the Certified Wellness Coach (CWC) designation from Catalyst Coaching Institute, the education arm of U.S. Corporate Wellness (nationally recognized by the American College of Sports Medicine, the National Athletic Trainer’s Association Board of Certification, and the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy).
Please call or email if you need more information or to schedule your wellness visit. We will be happy to help in any way we can.
LESA ENLOW OTR, NBC-HWC, MCWC